Director of Procurement
We’re currently working with a global company that is an industry leading manufacturer of machinery and industrial equipment who is looking to add a Director of Procurement to their Supply Chain team. This leading company operates in over 20 countries and values great brands, great products and great people. They have a long legacy and sets the standard for quality, innovation & service in their industry. This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting company that values your creative problem solving approach an wants your help in defining their future!
- Direct & Indirect Procurement Management: Implement sourcing tactics across a range of categories, including finished goods, raw materials, components, and indirect spend, to achieve optimal value.
- Vendor Management: Establish, manage, and optimize relationships with both new and existing suppliers through rigorous sourcing activities, including contract negotiations and performance evaluations.
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive sourcing strategy for North America, in alignment with global supply chain goals.
- New Supplier Sourcing: Proactively identify, evaluate, and onboard new suppliers to improve product quality, cost-efficiency, and supply chain resilience.
- Understanding Engineering specifications, how they translate into supplier capability requirements and how specifications can impact quality and costs.
- Conduct RFQ’s to receive quotes. Also responsible for awarding business to Suppliers.
- Coordinate design reviews and lead communications with Engineering and Suppliers to assure products meet all technical, quality and performance requirements.
- Negotiate Component Cost, Tooling Costs, Minimum Order Quantity, Lead Times, and Delivery Schedules with Suppliers
- Perform buy analysis as needed and use Total Cost Ownership principles.
- Budget Oversight: Leverage sourcing initiatives to identify cost-saving opportunities and operate within budget constraints.
- Risk Management: Utilize sourcing strategies to evaluate and mitigate supplier-related risks, specific to changing market conditions.
- Team Leadership: Direct and develop a procurement team specialized in sourcing, ensuring alignment with overall organizational objectives.
- Compliance & Ethics: Ensure that all sourcing and procurement activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company policies.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Coordinate closely with internal departments such as Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Legal to integrate sourcing requirements.
- Performance Metrics: Develop and monitor sourcing-specific key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the success of procurement operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field; MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of procurement experience with a strong focus on sourcing, including at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Proven track record in achieving cost savings and enhancing supplier portfolios through effective sourcing
- Strong negotiation skills, particularly in supplier sourcing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- ERP experience required (SAP Preferred)
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must have good organizational skills, be efficient, dependable, and trustworthy
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional approach with all team members
- Must be able to travel globally: 30% travel may be required
- Attractive compensation including a bonus.
- Full benefit package including 401K matching.