Global Demand Planner
Global Demand Planner (Hybrid or Remote)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Ref No: 1346
Our client is a life sciences company that is a leader in its industry and is ranked in the top 5 globally. They operate in over 35 countries and employ nearly 8,000 people with nearly $3B in annual sales. They are looking for an experienced Global Demand Planner that understands how to build consensus and business processes that span across many functions and geographies. This is a unique opportunity to work in an exciting and innovative company that has an impressive legacy of advancing the healthcare industry in order to improve lives on a daily basis.
As the Global Demand Planner, your role will involve overseeing and managing the worldwide demand plan to support both Sales & Operations Execution (S&OE) and Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes. You will work closely with regional demand planners, particularly collaborating with the Revenue Operations leader, to consolidate regional inputs into the overarching global master plan. Additionally, you will serve as the primary contact for the global plan, ensuring streamlined communication and coordination.
The Global Commercial Operations is a collaborative group that values winning together, we support both Life Science and Clinical Diagnostics and deliver a holistic experience that leads to long-term customer relationships. We’re proud to be right at the forefront of both scientific and healthcare advancements. Together, we empower our customers with the products and tools they need to make critical breakthroughs in research and treatment.
- Provides content (slides and commentary) to key S&OP meetings, such as Global Demand Review, Integrated Reconciliation Reviews, Corporate Business reviews; as well as to S&OE updates to ELT (Revenue Delivery meetings). Stores in share drive and communicates Demand Plan snapshots to S&OP meeting attendees; Snap the line and daily monetized demand actuals in Kinaxis.
- Aggregates demand forecasts in units from all regional teams and GSA Demand Planner. Drive alignment of forecast signal in Kinaxis on a global level and facilitate Forecast handover to Supply Planning on a monthly basis.
- Using analytics and modeling identifies opportunities to improve accuracy of forecasting signal and provides guidance Regional Demand Planning teams to drive corrective actions.
- Monitors and analyze demand KPIs to provide insights to regional DP leads + GSA team to drive improvements in Demand Plan Accuracy and Bias (on global level).
- Facilitates meetings to align AOP (Annual Operating Plan) with Corporate Strategy and hold regional Demand Planning teams and GSA team accountable for providing a robust set of assumptions to support 36 month plan and risk and Upsides list for next 24 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Supply Chain related body; Masters’ Degree preferred.
- Expert knowledge of demand planning systems – Kinaxis (preferred), SAP APO, O9, JDA/Manugistics.
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a Demand Planning role.
- Mastery in interpersonal and strong communication skills with the ability to influence others in matrixed organizations.
- Demonstrated thought leadership by independently developing and advocating a point of view.
- Expert analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Cross-functional team leadership skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues/opportunities.
- Results oriented self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Compensation commensurate with experience including bonus
- Full benefit package including 401k