Location: Newark DE
Ref No: 1326
We’re currently working with a company that is an industry leading manufacturer of life-saving medical devices who is looking to add a Supply Planner to their Supply Chain team. This position plays a key role in reliability, quality, product cost, inventory, and asset management. This company sets the standard for quality, innovation & service in their industry. This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting company that values your creative problem solving approach and wants your help in delivering their mission to save lives through early cancer detection!
Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of material through the production cycle. Determines material requirements from Engineering and Production schedules. Coordinates the efficient movement of materials with Purchasing, Production and Engineering. Develops specifications for new contract orders. Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity; creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management or other enterprise-wide systems.
- Monitors KPI’s and maintains knowledge of market trends, supply chain constraints, allocation, sales projections and production capacity. Analyze demand requirements; plan and schedule manufacturing on product to ensure on-time delivery, appropriate capacity utilization, and maintain appropriate levels of inventory.
- Maintain high levels of communication with all functions to ensure optimum flow of materials and information status through all product phases.
- Consolidates large data sets such as statistical forecast, customer forecast and forecast from commercial team to produce reports and support the presentation of monthly forecast and planning proposals.
- Responsible for supply plan and the accuracy of build prompts and demand signals for assigned product lines at manufacturing sites. Maintain the integrity of material requirement planning parameters. ie: lot/order size, lead time, and safety stock.
- Responsible for oversight of Raw, WIP, and FG inventories. Analyze MRP to determine if proper inventory levels are being maintained to support customer requirements. Responsible for product availability in the right quantity and timing to support customer demand while meeting inventory targets.
- Review and revise production and fulfillment plans as required by changes in the sales forecast or manufacturing schedule. Proactively communicates potential customer service gaps or risks to cross functional partners. Works with operations management to resolve scheduling issues.
- Delivering early warning to sales and customer service for items with potential issues. Conducting what if analysis and developing recommendation to prevent stock out.
- Work with the Supply Chain to identify opportunities for improvement related to capacity planning, productivity and plan attainment metrics through Continuous Improvement efforts as well as planning system parameters.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 Years exp with Bachelor’s Degree: 0-2 Years exp with Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of operations/manufacturing systems including ERP Systems, ERP Planning, S&OP/MRP concepts Oracle ASCP or Kinaxis Rapid Response is a huge plus but not necessary
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; Extensive spreadsheet analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience with the development and tracking of internal metrics.
- Presentation skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Attractive compensation including bonus.
- Full benefit package including 401K matching.